Ok, so since I haven't had time to embark on wacky projects, or write up more of my past adventures, I figure this is a good time to do the 20 facts meme I got tagged with like three months ago, but was too busy running my mouth about <a href="[link]
"> my preferred sex toys to answer. I'll include lots of visual aids, it'll be all sorts of wacky.
1. I'm an inarticulate boob in normal conversation with my peers.
I can speak in public, talk to people older than myself, and spice any conversation with all sorts of acerbic little comments, but I likely couldn't hold a simple conversation about the weather with the majority of you. My brain goes way ahead of my mouth, or in other directions entirely, leaving me to crash to a fumbling halt in the middle of small talk, beverage orders, sexual requests, etc. Clearly, I spent my formative years with books, not friends, because....
2. Growing up I was a total nerd! So damn nerdy!!!! Wait..... I still am!!!!
3. I can build an entire computer from scratch, but the last thing I cooked was that hideous Jell-O monstrosity, and that was one of my more successful food-creation ventures. I can barely make a peanut butter sandwich without there being tragic consequences.
4. I am enraptured with weird antique christmas <a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/royal.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=200,height=300,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> lights, especially <a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/blue.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=300,height=400,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> bubble lights! I can bore you for hours on the subject!
5. My absolute Favorite Words on Paper are Kipling's Mowgli stories. My favorite book is Mary Rogers' Freaky Friday. What I mostly read now-a-days: any non-fiction thing I stumble across, and bad slash fiction written by 12-year old virgins who think people in real life actually call each other 'lover'.
My deal is, I'm so easily sidetracked by anything. I was looking for a<a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/redswirl.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=300,height=400,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> slag glass shift knob for my car on ebay, which got me looking into how slag glass was melted out of iron ore, and how it was used to make<a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/slagmarbs.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=300,height=400,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> marbles and how they were <a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/marbles.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=300,height=400,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> handmade in the 1800's, which lead me to Early American Pattern Glass, which, prior to 1915, contained manganese, WHICH, after exposure to UV rays, turns <a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/sunpurple.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=300,height=400,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> purple! So I was looking for purple glass for awhile, which lead me to a lovely glass dildo (ALWAYS with the glass dildos!) on a nice sex toy site, whereupon I came across a 'Parisian Art Deco' enema bag
which made me laugh and laugh and laugh. I'm sure that's exactly what Pierre Chareau had in mind when he was drawing up the plans for the Mason deVerre.
This is why I love the internet! I can never be bored with all this useless, hilarious info all around me!
6. I'm pretty short, lover.
7. A lot of the music I enjoy is unequovically wretched. Frequenting my playlist are songs by E-Rotic, various Russian pop groups, random people's horribly ill-conceived FruityLoops special ed remixes, as well as N'Sync/Backstreet Boys/any up-tempo song by a generic, nonthreatening, emasculated boyband.
I fear there is no one left on this goddamn planet who judges people not by what they like, but why
they like it. That's what interests me about anyone, what are your reasons for whatever? How did you arrive at this particular place, and what does it mean to you? To dismiss someone out of hand for listening to/reading/liking any particular thing implies that somewhere out there exists a definitive and concrete list of things that are 'good' and 'not'.
And unless you can produce for me this divinely concieved list to back up your declaration that 'anyone who enjoys "book/band/brand" is stupid', I will view you as a shallow piece of shit, sweetcheeks.
8. I am desperately trying to find a tube of Orange ChapStick. Do they still make this? Have you seen it? I need it, bad bad.
9. Despite a my near-terminal lack of coordination, I was in diving for three years. I was never terribly awesome at it, but the skill set did come in <a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/meflip.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=300,height=400,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> handy at last summer's<a href="www.dustyartwork.com/link/devart/meupsidedown.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'popupwindow', 'width=300,height=400,noscrollbars,resizable'); return false;"> RenFest .
10. Holy shit, we're only halfway? I'm not interesting enough for 20 facts. Alright, let's see.....despite it being my major area of study
, I was really bad at animation
(All are around 1 meg Quicktimes, and the one under 'college' has sound, which you should turn down. And I have SO MUCH MORE where that came from.
11. I like Coke with a few whole cloves thrown in it.
12. Less'n two months before I was born my mom got her first Great Dane puppy, thinking 'how much work can having a giant puppy and small child
at the same time possibly be?'. Planning ahead is not a strong suit in my family. Anyway, it all worked out
, and I grew up taking my first steps hanging on to a 4-foot tall dog, and we had Danes happily ever after
13. Ill-use of the semicolon ANGERS me. Hyphen misuse, eh, not so much.
14. I fell off the roof of our house when I was 13 and bruised the holy hell out of myself on the way down, (I sort of fell back into the evergreen I'd climbed to get up there) but never told my parents 'cause I was too embarrassed.
15. I cry when I watch my favorite animated movies (when I'm alone, not with other people, I have some dignity. A little.). I don't particularly want to animate, anymore, but it still moves me like nothing else. Still haven't seen in any of the 3D stuff what I love about animation, tho. Hopefully eventually, when the newness of being able to make super-realistic crap wears off. I don't need more realism, I get WAY more than I can handle in real fucking life.
16. I miss 7up Gold. It was tasty.
While we're on the subject, god I love beverages. I've eaten the same three foods every day for pretty much my entire life and am content with that, but I can never, EVER get enough beverages. Especially new kinds of pop and tea, my two grand high favorites of the liquid kingdom. I try every stupid new flavor of cola that plops on the scene, no matter transparent a marketing ploy it is. I'm just happy to have had the carbonated experience, what can I say.
17. I love accumulating bruises and scrapes, but hate actual cuts due to my being too lazy to disinfect and/or bandage anything.
18. Love scares the hell out of me. Also spiders with long spindly legs and fat juicy bodies.
19. When I was little, I played doctor with one of my girl friends. By the time I had boy friends, you couldn't really call it 'playing' any more.
20. 99% of everything I make is met by me with complete indifference 10 minutes after I finish it. But I know I'll never stop making art, even if I never can make what moves me.
Right! So that was sort of embarrassing, but too late to change it now, I have to get my ass back to packing, so I can GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE OH GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE THE PRAIRIE FOREVER!!!!
Yours 'till you see the salad dressing,